Tuesday, April 8, 2014

LAS VEGAS - DAY #1

April 8, 2014

This week I'm going to share my travel business with anyone who wants to listen.  First, though, I want to go back and give you a little insight into who I am and how I got involved in YTB.

On November 16, 2013, I decided to join the network marketing group YTB.  I swore I would never be in network marketing because I am not a salesperson and refuse to carry around product.  I run a company that I founded and it's going well. I work a lot of hours and love my job. I really didn't need one more thing to do.  Well, I had been exposed to YTB before by a person who I now call a very close friend.  We learned on the trip to the Bay Area that November weekend that we have a lot in common and I so respect the person she is and the fact that she is amazing!  Why did I join YTB, though?  Well, originally I joined YTB because I was already booking travel for my clients and was leaving money on the table every month in the form of travel commissions for doing something we were already doing at F.O.R. You anyway.  I also love to travel and the perks are awesome when you travel as a travel agent. 

YTB has an annual regional conference and this year it was held in Las Vegas.  Stacy Sandoval and I left for Las Vegas on Monday, March 31.  Allegiant flies out of Fresno to Las Vegas every Monday for only $33-$37.  There are a few things you should know about Allegiant Air.  The first thing is it’s a big airplane, not like the SkyWest little bitty plane that flies out of Fresno.  They also have a weight limit of 40 pounds for your checked luggage and the only free carry-on you are allowed is one item, such as your purse.  Ouch, I had a hard time staying under the weight limit.  Pay for your checked luggage online before your flight date to save a ton of money.  The flight was great and we even had a Fresno friend sitting behind us on their way to Las Vegas to celebrate her husband’s retirement. 

We spent a wonderful day with friends who live in Las Vegas and then headed to check into our hotel.  We stayed at Bally’s.  It was a great location right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip.  We were able to get a refrigerator and a coffee pot by asking for them.  I was not, however, able to secure free internet.  The internet fees in Las Vegas are atrocious and the internet/phone service at Bally’s was a challenge the entire week.

Travel Tip:  Always be nice.  It will get you a lot further than being mean to others.

Travel Tip:  If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. 


No comments:

Post a Comment